We are bidding the stabilization/restoration work for the Roseberry House now— primarily windows, doors, gutters and some masonry. Bidding documents are available here. We expect the winning bid will come from a firm that has extensive experience on 18th century stone buildings on the National Register. Here are the first several paragraphs of the official notice:
- Notice is hereby given that bids will be received by the Phillipsburg Area Historical Society at 675 Corliss Boulevard, Phillipsburg, Warren County, New Jersey for the ROSEBERRY HOUSE STABILIZATION PHASE 1.
- Bids will be received for the following contracts:
- Overall Single Prime (all of the work)
Bids for the above Contracts will be received by The Phillipsburg Area Historical Society, 375 Corliss Avenue, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865 until 2 pm, Local Time, on Tuesday, November 30, 2010, and will be publicly opened and read aloud immediately thereafter.
- Bidding Documents are being revised to encourage bidding on individual parts of the work (masonry, gutter & downspouts, etc).
- The plans and specifications already posted have not changed, but bidding requirements and procedures have been revised as of November 23.
All bid documents can be downloaded from the menu on the right, under Pages/Revised Bid Documents.
Additional information is available from Frank Greenagel, 908 627-1234, or from the architect, Michael Margulies at 908-387-8630. To arrange a tour of the building please call Mr. Greenagel.